I started this blog in 2011 when I took my first master's level poetry class with Dr. Sylvia Vardell at Texas Woman's University. Critiquing poetry and young adult literature is addicting! Teachers, be sure to note the curriculum connections I create at the end of each of many of my reviews!

Friday

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

Do you love X-Men, fantasy, sci-fi? Then you will love this action-packed adventure about 6 "orphan" kids that escape from The School, a secret laboratory that conducts hideous genetic experiments on children that alter their DNA. These kids are 98% human and 2%...bird. Yes. They can FLY. And they have other bizarre powers that they keep discovering about themselves. Unfortunately, the escaped kids are mercilessly hunted and attacked by the Erasers who are part wolf, part male super-model. Really, really bad dudes. This book has intense fight scenes and nail-biting moments on just about every three pages. Not for the faint of heart!

I started this book and read it ALL NIGHT until I finished! I couldn't find a good place to stop because the chapters were short, and I just had to know what happened next! Explosions, chase scenes, loyalty to family and friends, teen humor, fighting for the under-dog... this is another great book by James Patterson! I can hardly wait to read Max, the next Maximum Ride adventure!